I am delighted to serve as an ambassador for the Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board by highlighting stories surrounding Arkansas’s largest row crop – soybeans! #ARSoyStory #themiraclebean #ARSoySupper
Gooooood afternoon, friend. I hope your day is wonderful so far and that you are fully embracing every single moment. For me that means getting things checked off my to-do list – as well as slowing down in between. One way to do this super-human feat is by not spending a lot of time in the kitchen when in go-mode. That means pre-made foods or quick and easy nibbles for the win! A perfect example of this cooking mindset is quick and easy BLT egg bites.
The ingredients are preeeeety simple: B is for bacon and T is for tomatoes. And before you assume that L is for lettuce… wait for it. L is for LOTS OF CHEESE! For all those BLT die-hards out there, feel free to place a BLT egg bite or two on a bed of lettuce. That counts, right?
There is no soy in this delicious, quick and easy recipe, so why is this sponsored by the Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board? It’s simple, really…
Bacon = made from animals who often are fed a protein-rich soybean diet.
Eggs = made from hens who often are fed a protein-rich soybean diet.
And there we have it. Preparing these delicious, quick and easy BLT egg bites are indirectly supporting Arkansas’s soybean farmers – who are supporting other American farmers who are feeding their livestock soybean rich meals! So cheers to the miracle soybean. And cheers to us for not spending a lot of time in the kitchen when in go-mode.
Print off, pin or bookmark this recipe for later. Let me know if you’re in go-mode today and getting.things.done!
BLT Egg bites
Makes 12 bites.
- 3 pieces of bacon (I recommend a high quality uncured turkey bacon for thickness and taste)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8th teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ¼ cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Salad mix, optional
- Cook bacon on stove on high heat. Let cool and tear into small pieces and place in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to bake 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin or silicon tray.
- Add all remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mix into muffin tin or silicon tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Eat well, my friend.